Tips to Avoid Scams or fraud
Taking these simple precautions helps make Btopix safer for everyone.
- Deal locally, face-to-face and following these rules will help avoid most of scam attempts.
- Do not provide any payment to anyone you have not met in person.
- Beware of offers involving shipping the items - deal with locals you can meet in person.
- Never transfer funds (Net Banking, bkash, Nagad etc) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders.
- Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a "guarantee".
- Never give out financial info (Bank account, National ID, paypal account, etc).
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to follow below advise:
- It is srongly advised meeting in public place like a cafe, bank, or shopping center.
- Do not meet in a private place, or invite strangers into your home.
- Be especially careful buying/selling high value items.
- Tell a friend or family member where and whom you're going to meet.
- Take your cell phone along if you have one.
- Consider having a friend accompany you.
Who should I notify about fraud or scams?
- If you are victim of a scam or have been cheated, contact your local police department.
- If you are victim and feel Btopix post is connected to scam, please send us details immediately.
Thank you for your cooperation and helping keep Btopix safe and useful for everyone.